Saturday, December 26, 2009

Halloween 2009

This was a fun year with costumes - Norah was thrilled to finally be Jasmine, her FAVORITE princess and Abigail helped make her costume as she wanted to be Anne of Green Gables. Anne is her newest favorite character, for weeks she practiced using her imagination so she would be good at being Anne. We (I have read aloud) both Anne of Green Gables and Anne of Avonlea....I am amazed at how much Abigail understands! (Anne is a hard read for me....I need to look up some of the words she uses!!!) We are preparing to read Anne of the Island. This desire to learn more about Anne began when Granpa and Grandma visited Prince Edward Island and brought the girls back an Anne doll. I am thoroughly enjoying this walk down memory lane as I can share with Abigail a series that I remember my mom reading to me.....such good literature!!

No comments: