Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 4: Slow Day and a DATE!

Steve and Sabrina Hill


Happy almost 11 years..... (date night gift from my parents!)

Shanghaied in Astoria!

The basket we won!!

Well after a not so good night of sleep AGAIN, my day started a little earlier than I expected. The delightful fog was ever present when I awoke and a very light drizzle visited us off and on during the morning. We slowly got moving for a long morning of shopping. My mom did some Costco shopping (she doesn't have her own card) and I picked up some Pirate Booty white cheddar popcorn for our camping trip!! (Brett always tells me no, but he wasn't there =)!!!!) YUMMY!!!!!!

Then we went to Fred's and my mom did more talking than shopping......but at the end I got to see my church choir director from back in the day! She is also a former elementary music teacher and really shared her LOVE for music with me as a young teenager.....so great to see you - Mrs. Betty Barnes!!! Then a few more hours relaxing before our date tonight with Steve and Sabrina!!!!
We went to dinner at the Supper Club, great new restraunt in Astoria. The food was delicious, but we had eat quickly in order to make it to the show! My vote for the BEST fries in town!!! The place was packed, so our dinner took a long time to come. We literally gobbled up our food (boxed half up for later) and ran to the car....ouch on a full belly and LOTS of water for me! We got to the show with 2 minutes to spare!!
Now as someone who grew up in Astoria - I mean I was born here and lived in the same house until I went to college - I have known people that performed in Shanghaied, I have heard about Shanghaied, I have seen people in the costumes for Shanghaied, BUT I had never been to a show!!! So my parents bought us tickets and took care of the girls tonight so we could go see it. Such a sweet almost 11 year anniversary gift! I invited Steve and Sabrina to join us, it's always more fun with good friends! It was a lot of fun....interactive, silly, great local talent, and LOTS of popcorn!! It was a great night! During the second intermission they announced a raffle to help raise money for the Astor Street Opry Company to purchase the building and make it their permanent home. Brett seems to think I am lucky when it comes to raffles.....so he spent $5.00 and got 12 tickets - he thought we had pretty good odds! Turns out he was right and won a basket filled with gift certificates, a digital picture key chain and a ton of stuff I haven't even looked through yet!!! Great way to end the evening!! Now.....maybe I will get to sleep all night tonight...........

No comments: