Friday, August 27, 2010

FULL TIME.....

For the last 7 years I have worked 20-28 hours a week (well that's what I was paid for anyway....) as a music teacher. Next week I return to the work for as a full-time employee! I'm experiencing a variety of emotions about it right now....nervous, excited, overwhelmed, curious and mostly anxious. The opportunity is great, I'm combining two schools that are less than a mile apart and I have the same administrator at both schools. It also comes as Norah begins school, which is the right timing, although I was hoping for one more year at part-time.

I LOVE my job, there is nothing I'd rather do and I know God has placed me in this position at this time so I'm believing this will be a GREAT year. I have a brand new adminstrator, one brand new school, I'm explanding the choir, I have a students teacher and both of my daughters are in school....OVERWHELMING....but not impossible! I've been into both of my classrooms quite a bit over the summer, but come Monday it's ready or not....here come the meetings!

Brett's parents are keeping all the cousins next week for "Grandpa and Grandma Camp"! What a great idea.....and it will help us out SO much! I know I will work WAY too many hours next week and unlike many teachers....I LOVE THIS WEEK! I love organizing my classroom, meeting with the staff, meeting with the music teachers, going to potlucks almost every night with different staff groups and designing my vision for the year...I LOVE IT! I'm looking forward to routine, order, early bed times for the girls (and me) and my job!! Here we go full-time.....bring it on 2010-2011 school year....I'm ready!!!!!

No comments: