Monday, August 23, 2010

While Daddy's Away......The Girls Did Play!!

Our new pets.....see the story below!


On Saturday morning we got up and first headed to Staples for Teacher Appreciation Day, the loot was not great.....but free anything I'll take for my classroom =)! We then headed down to Harrisburg for the neighborhood garage sale my friend Janna and I started 5 years ago when we lived there. It was fun to chat with people I rarely see AND I found some great clothes deals! I'd pretty much given up looking for clothes for the kids at garage sales because they are usually worn out and stained. This day however I found some amazing items! This gal was selling almost all Gymboree clothes that looked like they had been worn maybe 2 times and never been stained! I purchsed four adorable outfits for Abigail and one for Norah for $23.00!!!! I figure brand new these outfits would have cost at least $150.00....YEAH!!!!!
On Friday the girls spent a fun filled day with Katiemarie while I worked in my classrooms and met with my new principal! They had all kinds of fun without me....Cool Pool, McDonalds, Frogs & Pollywogs.....I think they were hoping I wouldn't come pick them up =)! Above are the frogs they purchased with a months of saved allowance and some birthday money! Norah named hers Fatty and Abigail named hers Vanessa.....hmmmm..... I'm hopeful that I can help them take care of these "pets" without a dramatic fatal ending as with our fish Azul.....who has been "swimming" in Mexico for the last 5 years =)!!!!


Saturday afternoon my friend Heather came over with her kids, Callie and Conner. We had a great relaxing visit and it was fun to watch the kids play!

Norah, Callie and Abigail

Nothern Light to see "Ramona and Beezus".......

......with Miss Johnson!

On Sunday after church we headed to Salem to have lunch with Miss Johnson at Northern Lights, while we watched "Ramona and Beezus". Such a cute movie, the girls LOVED it and I thought it was great-better than I expected! After the movie we stopped at Walmart to get the girls some school shoes and school supplies! When we arrived back in Albany we made several stops...the girls were tired! I found two pairs of Sketchers for me that were 50% off the clearance price....sooo cute and comfortable AND inexpensive considering the quality! My old Sketchers are three years old and still in GREAT shape!! It was an early bed time for the girls and I stayed up cleaning, scrapbooking and watching chick flicks until WAY too late!!! It was all fun, but I'm SOOOOoooooo glad the Brett is on his way home right now!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh yay! I didn't realize you had a post with a mention of me and my babies! :)