Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 5: Packing, Ft. Clatsop, Port of Play & Brett's Concert!

The girls entering The Fort!

Abigail, Isaiah, Jonah, Norah and Victoria at Port of Play!


Brett's performance in Cannon Beach!

Our last full day in Astoria once again began with drizzly and overcast skies! But I finally got a good night sleep, so I didn't mind getting up =)! I had a long list of things to do today to prepare for our week long camping trip. Early morning shop at Fred Meyer, laundry, cooking food ahead of time, organizing the trailer, organizing all of our stuff........ So while I was getting a lot of stuff done, my mom took the girls to visit Ft. Clatsop and see where Lewis and Clark set up camp. My mom took several pictures and the girls had a great time.

After lunch I took the girls to the Port of Play, which is a fun indoor play space for kids that resides in what used to be called Gray School. We met Sabrina and her kids there for just over an hour of fun! The kids rode scooters and bikes, played doctor, played restraunt, and ran all over the place! Super fun place. Hopefully it wore them out a little so they will go to bed easily for my mom tonight.....

Brett's workshop this week was put on by Rod Eichenberger. He taught them about conducting - less is more and how to space singers to enhance the overall sound. In order to teach these techniques all of those in attendance have been singing through music all week long as several lucky people practice conducting. The final evening (TONIGHT) they perform all of these songs (26 total!). So my parents watched the kids and I got to go hear all this beautiful music. It was wonderful, such a treat to hear quality choral music performed!!

No comments: